Here we go :)
Today, I feel like this whole trip has become more "official". I got my packets of information about the trip in an e-mail from Ashlie, one of the team leaders, and after reading over them, and after "chatting" through e-mail with Ashlie (a fellow teacher!), I am about 1,000,000 times more excited!!!
It's slightly (ok, really) overwhelming to be thinking about raising $3,400 before July (a mere four months from now), especially since about half of that needs to be in by May. What's even more overwhelming is the fact that I am also supposed to be graduating from college on May 5th. So I've also got about a million and a half papers and presentations and classes to do before then.
Put simply? How in the world am I going to do this?
I know that God has it all in control :) I'm going on this trip to bring glory to Him, and it may take a small miracle to get me there, but hey, I've seen Him do it before, and He'll do it again.
So. My plan of action for now til the end of this week:
- Make a list of people to send prayer/support letters to (actually done already, I have 62 individuals/families who I think would be willing to help in whatever way)
- Write a support letter rough draft (have Wendy proof it when finished, if she's willing...big sisters are good for stuff like that)
- Start brainstorming other fundraising ideas
- Go and actually submit my passport application (the paperwork sitting on my printer isn't really getting me anywhere...)
- Finish at least 4 major school assignments/papers
Easy? No way.