Alaska to Africa

I am: a child of God...small-town girl...Upstate-New-Yorker by birth...fisherwoman...outdoors enthusiast...recent college graduate...child-care provider...and soon-to-be certified teacher.

My newest and most exciting adventure (to-date) is a missions trip through Visiting Orphans to Ethiopia and Uganda from July 18th - August 1st!



Friday, April 2, 2010

Baby Steps

As of two minutes ago, I am one baby step closer to getting my support letters sent out. All 40 envelopes are labeled and stamped, including the 40 additional self-addressed envelopes. Whew! Now just to finish typing/printing the actual letters. (Details, minor details...)

I thought I would be way further ahead than I am at this point, but, I did get a major presentation done for my Science class last week, and got an A+ on it. I went in to school for the party my class threw for me to celebrate the end of my Residency. I made a presentation for them of my pictures of Maui, and we talked about rainforests, and sea turtles, and whales, and lava tubes, and islands (how convenient that during my Residency I taught units on the rainforest and animals, and that they're currently learning about landforms!) ;) I also tackled a major special surprise yesterday, with niece Mykenna's help, for boyfriend Mike and sister Tricia (no, not a nun, my actual sister) since they will be at work on the slope for Easter. That package is going out today.

So, we're making progress folks. Baby steps. One down, many more to go!

2 comments:

  1. Sister Tricia...lol!!! Can't wait to hear what the surprise was!
    You should have come down today to see the kids-it's a gorgeous day here!
    Congrats on another baby step done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously thought about it!! Kim is coming over to clean T's house though and I needed to have MY stuff cleaned and out of the way. Maybe someday next week though, I'd love to see them!! :)

    ReplyDelete