Alaska to Africa

I am: a child of God...small-town girl...Upstate-New-Yorker by birth...fisherwoman...outdoors enthusiast...recent college graduate...child-care provider...and soon-to-be certified teacher.

My newest and most exciting adventure (to-date) is a missions trip through Visiting Orphans to Ethiopia and Uganda from July 18th - August 1st!



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home!

Hello all!
For those of you who don't have access to my Facebook, just wanted to let you all know that I made it home safely! Unfortunately, I was unable to access Blogger while in Africa, so I couldn't update on here as I had hoped to. Now that I am home though, I will start posting about everything that happened there.
I had every intention of writing this post and giving an overall summary of the trip, and I'm realizing that that's impossible. I saw so much, felt so much, heard so much, experienced so much...there is no way to "sum it all up" - I am sure it will take me FOR-EV-ER to fully document everything, so please be patient with me! It will be worth the wait, I promise :)
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone for all your prayers, they were answered in unbelievable ways. Our team was so amazing, the people and children we met were beautiful, we cried, we laughed, and made "short calls" and "long calls" (more on that later, hehe) :)

1 comment: