Alaska to Africa

I am: a child of God...small-town girl...Upstate-New-Yorker by birth...fisherwoman...outdoors enthusiast...recent college graduate...child-care provider...and soon-to-be certified teacher.

My newest and most exciting adventure (to-date) is a missions trip through Visiting Orphans to Ethiopia and Uganda from July 18th - August 1st!



Friday, June 25, 2010

Prayers Needed!!!

Before I get to the "bad" news, the good news is I received my full flight itinerary!!! I have updated my Itinerary on the sidebar if you'd like to take a look! Since I am coming from so far away, I will actually be leaving here the night of the 17th.

The only problem is...since I have to fly out of an airport (Anchorage) that does not work with any sister airlines of Ethiopia Airlines, my domestic RT tickets had to be booked separately from my international tickets. This made the cost of my tickets go up...by about $600. Before this added cost, I was only about $100 short of my goal. I'm honestly a little scared about getting the rest of the money, especially seeing as I still have vaccinations and visas and spending money to cover, but, I'm trusting that God will provide! I would appreciate any and all prayers! Also, if anyone has any super (and fast!) fundraising ideas, I would love to hear them! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment