Alaska to Africa

I am: a child of God...small-town girl...Upstate-New-Yorker by birth...fisherwoman...outdoors enthusiast...recent college graduate...child-care provider...and soon-to-be certified teacher.

My newest and most exciting adventure (to-date) is a missions trip through Visiting Orphans to Ethiopia and Uganda from July 18th - August 1st!



Friday, July 2, 2010

Prayers Needed, Again! :)

I, Rebecca, being a natural procrastinator, have seemed to dig myself into a hole...

Everyone knows that to go overseas, there are certain vaccinations you HAVE to get before leaving the country. Otherwise, they won't let you in. Normal people go to their doctor's office 4-6 weeks before they leave. As for me? Well, I finally just found out WHERE to go, this past week. And I leave TWO weeks from tomorrow...yeah. Way to go, me.

Part of the problem, is a couple weeks ago, I went to New York for two weeks. It was fanastic - I got to be there for my grandma's surgery, meet my new baby niece, spend a lot of time with my boyfriend and his family, see my extended family (aunts and uncles) that I hadn't seen in 4 years, some HS friends, etc. and I got to go swimming, four-wheeling, etc etc etc.

But, I still didn't have my shots.

Today, I had a day off from work (which I didn't know til this morning...) and I thought: "Sweet! I can try to get my shots!" Oh wait, it's a holiday weekend...one of the two doctors I could go to is closed til Tuesday. Thankfully, the other office was open, but, I can't get an appointment til NEXT Friday. UGH! The receptionist asked where I was going, when I was leaving, how long I was going for, etc, and assured me that I would fine with an appointment that soon before leaving. I really hope she's right...but, I guess I don't have a choice any way! I still plan to call the first doctor's office when they open on Tuesday and see if I can get in any earlier than Friday.

So, if you really took the time to read all that, please pray that: 1) I am able to get in earlier than Friday, 2) if I can't get in any earlier, that I'll still be ok time-wise, and 3) I will have enough money to even PAY for my shots when I go get them, as they probably will not be covered by my insurance...from what I've heard, just one of the 3-4 shots I need is about $150...that's a little less than my paycheck from last week...eek!

Also, I have two more fundraisers that I will be posting about in the next couple days.

And I also have some information to share about donations - pray for that too while you're at it! I'm planning on going to a couple local pharmacies and our Wal-Mart today and tomorrow to "beg" for donations! I have a big fear of rejection...but I'm trying to be "strong and courageous" (Joshua 1:9)

Thanks everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment